Alpine HU Pops on power on and source change

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
I just got a new HU - MP3 and Ipod support.

sounds really good but i have the pop issue when i turn it on/off and switch source.

I have used the RCA pre out from the HU and the RCA harness adaptor.

Does anynone have any suggestions to get shut of the loud POP?

you could try a different earthing point?

thanks guys,

ill have a look at that and post my findings

hay guys,

i have swapped out the RCA adaptor for the speaker out adaptor i have, its fixed the pops but i have lost control of the sound distrobution to a degree.

before the subwoofer controll on the amp worked great but now has no effect. i can get round that by just changing the bass control so not too fussed.

had to turn the loudness off since the stereo is now propper loud at level 5 volume. think ill cope with that for a bit till it gets annoying then perhaps swap out the entire system or put some inline DC offset gadgets in between the amps and speakers

I had exactly the same problem with my alpine single din sat nav unit. I disconnected the bose sub have an aftermarket alpine one to go in there instead and it fixed it. The popping had gone. I had been to a few car audio places with no joy before and was starting to think it was the alpine head unit.

The suggestion #4 posted by AndyMAC in the above quoted thread works.

You can splice a 16uF or 22uF capacitor in the RCA plug and it will silent all the POPS. This is what I am using on my 9835 now which directly connect to the OE Bose system.

I'll second that! The capacitors are a little fiddly to do, but well worth it considering the results they provide.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…