450 bhp S1

Ian Whiffen

Reaction score
Screenshot 2016 03 03 14 32 33
Saw a post on Facebook this morning. Vag motorsport in South Africa have put a hybrid turbo on a APR mapped S1 and got it up to 450 horses. Can you imagine what fun that will be

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisG.
More pocket volcano than pocket rocket lol

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Jeeeeeez Wow start saving Ian.

You will have a RS4 beater, not happy ha ha .

Very interested on how the driveshafts will hold out on this? Heard a few stories of S1s chewing driveshafts with a lot less power/torque than this!

Reactions: DTYME83 and Ian Whiffen
Very interested on how the driveshafts will hold out on this? Heard a few stories of S1s chewing driveshafts with a lot less power/torque than this!
See my car has just clocked up 12k with no clutch, gearbox or drives shaft issues. I had the remap at about 1600 miles

The standard engine is ment to be good for 500 as think someone said that there are some golf gti running 600 standard internals

The standard engine is ment to be good for 500 as think someone said that there are some golf gti running 600 standard internals
Well that's good news then. I know the S3/Golf R engine has all the uprated stuff on but wasn't so sure about the S1 engine handling much.

That car will break an inner rear nearside cv joint, however I doubt we will hear about it when it does.
DTYME83

The new 525 turbo from TTE will fit it apparently, they've tuned their Golf R to 550ps with stock engine components. It is £3500 for the turbo new though! A 550ps S1 would be mental though!

That car will break an inner rear nearside cv joint, however I doubt we will hear about it when it does.
DTYME83

Can you tell us more about this? is this speculation or are you fairly sure?

The new 525 turbo from TTE will fit it apparently, they've tuned their Golf R to 550ps with stock engine components. It is £3500 for the turbo new though! A 550ps S1 would be mental though!

The are now recommending upgraded valve springs with the TTE525R @ 550ps not sure about 450ps levels.

Can you tell us more about this? is this speculation or are you fairly sure?

The are now recommending upgraded valve springs with the TTE525R @ 550ps not sure about 450ps levels.

It is not speculation unless the inner near side cv joint is upgraded it will break. I know his because I am running 331 BHP and I have broken two already. @AGee

It is not speculation unless the inner near side cv joint is upgraded it will break. I know his because I am running 331 BHP and I have broken two already. @AGee

Cheers, that's good to know :grinning:, it's the first time I have read about it.

Reactions: DTYME83
Cheers, that's good to know :grinning:, it's the first time I have read about it.

I am not the only one that has suffered that failure it's just a lot of people don't like to share

Guess I'm ok running 270 ps then!?
Treating power with respect.

Reactions: DTYME83
I've not had that yet. Who does the uprated ones? Obviously not Audi then

No one does. I am currently having some made up . Once I get my car back will let you know how they hold up.

No one does. I am currently having some made up . Once I get my car back will let you know how they hold up.
Blimey mate the S1's are turning out to be a headache lol. Saying that tho Alex the Area rep for here had to have a whole new gearbox on his S3 when he took it to 410 bhp. Luckily he got it under warranty instead of 6k price

Blimey mate the S1's are turning out to be a headache lol. Saying that tho Alex the Area rep for here had to have a whole new gearbox on his S3 when he took it to 410 bhp. Luckily he got it under warranty instead of 6k price

How he manage the warranty plea

How he manage the warranty plea
It was Tonbridge Audi. They did it as a goodwill gesture as they said they couldn't prove his remap had caused the malfunction. Although he did say they haven't given him a warranty on the new box lol.

I'm running 320cv since june '15 and no problem to this join....i think i'm lucky xD

I'm running 320cv since june '15 and no problem to this join....i think i'm lucky xD
Yeah mine has been since Jan 15. Just clocked up 12k and seems to be ok. Might just be a waiting game lol

Did they give up with normal use, or on the track?

Chris