Shell V Power Diesel

aadams1x

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone got any experience with this fuel from Shell, Diesel Extra is brilliant and on my 140 2.0 CAB i regualrly get over 50mpg on long journeys but want to know about the new (and obviously) more expensive stuff....any experiences??? Cheers

Not personally tried this as yet but a mate of mine has in his golf gt tdi and says it is a noticeable improvement car runs smoother and feels better

at £1.05p il give it a go see how i get on currently got diesel extra and to be honest im one of those ppl cant really tell the difference

It makes my car seem more 'willing' and a bit smoother with less smoke. I can't say I've noticed much difference in fuel economy, certainly not enough to warrant the extra expense.

I've been buying BP Ultimate diesel when it isn't ludicrously priced, and V-power seems on a par with it.

There's no harm in trying it out for a few tanks, and seeing if you think it is worth the extra.

My car has a 1.9 tdi non-pd.

I read an article in What Car magazine back in September, which I just found on their website:
http://www.whatcar.com/news-special-report.aspx?NA=228253

I have to say, with my 3 litre TDi, I have to agree with their findings.
I do about 2k miles per month (mainly motorway)

Shell V-Power and BP Ultimate don't give me any more miles to the tank.
Nor do I notice anything smoother or better performance.

I have also tried Millers oils for several thousand miles, and that does make a difference - not to fuel economy but I do notice that when I boot it, I leave considerably less air-bourne soot behind!

Premium petrol is a different matter though - both my S4 (2.7 bi-turbo) and M3 (E36 evo) used to be signifcantly better on higher octane fuel.
For example, with the M3 - Shell Optimax (as it was then) gave me an extra 5 or 6 miles to the gallon, and pulled through the rev range with noticeably more urgency. This improvement justified the cost differential.