Recent bought 2012 A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line with Premium Plus and S-Tronic

WrightRocket

Reaction score

After my wife had a windfall, I wanted to make sure that we got something that would be an asset that we would have after all the money was spent. My intention was to get her a newer car than what she's been driving, a 2001 Mercedes E301, which I've serviced for the last 9 years. I was driving a 2015 Mini Cooper 5 Door, and was very happy with it. Once I starting driving the Audi A3 8P, I fell in love! Of course, now I hate it, too!

I've already replaced the blower motor for the HVAC, and put in two separate Android Auto units to replace the factory stereo. I learned the hard way that I had to spend more than the $200 for an 8-core 4GB Android Auto unit from Xtrons. Amazing how much fun it is spending entire days trying to improve a used car. I do love washing and waxing the car to make it's Meteor Gray with Pearl Effect shine!

I'm here because this forum led me to an answer to a question about resetting an air bag indicator, and I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of an Ancel BD500 diagnostic scan tool to fix. It was just delivered, so I'll see you later!

Attachments

• 20240114_142443.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240115_193051.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Great find! Hope it has a reasonable amount of mileage on it.
My 2007 A3 S-line is still with me, from brand new. Yeah, I like the A3 that much. 17 years this summer.

I went with a Kenwood head unit that has Android auto built-in. It works OK. But I've found that I much prefer to use my phone for navigation. I picked up a magnetic mount specifically designed for the A3. It sits right above the head unit.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…