Acceleration jolt/thud sensation

Gazza84

Reaction score
Hi, so on acceleration I would be keeping the foot down, shifting up manually then just before I’m about to take my foot off the gas, a strong jolt or thud sensation can be felt through what seems to be from the front wheels. Like I’ve run over a large stone or cats eye or something and the alloys took the force and sent that feeling through the car (though I hadn’t gone over anything) That is the best way I can describe it. It’s happened 3-4 times since I got the car on Tuesday. I know I shouldn’t floor it now but it’s hard not to. Oil is up to temp and it doesn’t happen every time. Only on certain pulls while showing a couple of mates.
would anyone know what it may be or have experienced this aswell?

Wheelhop? I had it today, we have wet and cold roads (it's 2/3c in here) and I had the right wheel wheelhopping as I am still on summer tires.

This is why I prefer buying a brand new car with no previous owners. Just got it less than a week ago and is thrashing it ***.

I've not experianced this but ill try to recreate it. What kind of speed & rmp are you ' just about to take your foot off the gas'?

You can under certain conditions when the traction is limited (like wet/leaves/pot holes etc) get noises like this as the drivetrain jolts around, front 'axle' tramp on front wheel drive cars can make horrible noises

This is why I prefer buying a brand new car with no previous owners. Just got it less than a week ago and is thrashing it ***.

Must admit I’ve bought 2 ex demos before and after I drove the demo 8Y on a test drive, it hit home the abuse those cars will have had prior to me buying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…