Audi A3 2.0tdi, Power restricted at higher speed.

Jokpolka

Reaction score
Hello,

Brough a used a3 2006, 2.0tdi with 100k miles.
When driving all is normal at lower speeda. When i reach a higher speed of aroun 80ish mph the car cuts power, only allows me to accelerate to a point even if i put my foot all the way down only allows a small amount of power at forst the EML came on too.

Upon reading on several forums i found that the common issue is with the turbo, so i brought a reconditioned unit and got it fitted. Worked fine for a day, on my way home today happened again but this time no EML just power loss, once i restart engine back to normal until i reach a higher speed again.

Any other knows cause as i know the previous turbo had some damage as it was not turning as it should, yet the issue still persists. Please help! I don't want to pump any more money then I need to at this point.

Hi, did You do a fault scan before You replaced a turbo and after?

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

Reactions: NHN
What's the errors showing?

Mine has a similar problem, if i stick at any soeed for a while at random it has a lack of power wont go any faster turn it off then on and it works fine, i changed the maf but still doing it, last time it did it no fault codes came up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…