12v socket in boot but fusebox slot empty....

tomsargeant

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a gap of ten years I'm back with B6 ownership after picking up an Avant Sport 130.

I have noticed that it has a rear 12v socket in the boot, which would be super useful to me. It doesn't seem to have any lower. I checked the fuse box and the corresponding fuse socket in empty hole with no connectors for a fuse to slot into. Any ideas? I'm confused as to why there's a power socket in the boot but the fusebox slot is 'unallocated'. I guess it may have been removed at some point?

Bump. Any ideas?

I have had similar issue with hardware in place on other vehicle, but no fuse power wiring.
If your a savvy DIYer I would hardwire it a reliable fused source in your trunk, like your license plate light. As a precaution, find out what fuse is feeding it.
If your accessory outlet is only going to power modest power, estimate wattage i.e. 12Vx3A=3.6W
I would put make sure your bulb circuit is protected with added margin of 7A to 10A to existing circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…