Q2 Auto-Dim Rear View Mirror

Callum Jarvis

Reaction score
Hi all!

So alongside getting my reverse camera done with @DJAlix I’m looking to do the auto dim rear view mirror...with all the £££ options my car has I’m surprised that it didn’t come with it

this is something I’m going to try and for myself...if anyone could help me out with the part number and wire harness needed to complete that would be great! My car has the ACC/Pre sense camera in the windscreen. Didn’t know how much I’d miss it until someone shines their high beam in your face...

Attachments

• F190376E-13C7-45C7-96CF-3754D9BACFD4.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 154
Hi,

I would look at https://www.kufatec.com/en/ as they have the mirror and wiring harness, or https://www.hazzydayz.com/

Also, I’ve been in contact with Hazzydayz as I too want the auto dimming mirror as it’s no longer an option on the Q2 except the Vorsprung model. My dealer checked my car before I collected it and there isn’t any wiring for the auto dimming mirror. So the plan is to get Hazzydayz to supply and fit this once things hopefully improve. I considered doing it myself, but decided it was a step too far for me!

As you have the camera, you may want to ask about the high beam assist at the same time.

Good luck

Reactions: Callum Jarvis
VAG car coding aka djalix is the best person to use. especially as you are using him for the reversing camera. I have got quotes of both the companies above and they are extortionate compared to VAG CC. Use what you know and get it done at the same time as the camera. Im sure he will be reasonable and do a deal since your getting the camera.

BTW, can you post back images of the camera in use? i need mine done but would like to see what its like.

Reactions: Callum Jarvis

Hi thanks for your reply,

I’d be looking to install it myself...I’ve done far more intense projects on my A3 with the help of @DJAlix. In terms of my high beam assist/pre-sense camera, it’s built into the windscreen so I’d need the mirror without a camera built in. If anyone has a part number that would be helpful

Thanks again
Cal

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…