2010 C6 3.0 Allroad air suspension question.

Homermoog

Reaction score
Hi all. I had a new FOS Air strut fitted in March 2019 complete with new arms (very harmful to my wallet) and now the car is sagging again on that corner over a period of a couple of hours.

This time though there are no warning lights or obvious signs of leaks. When I open the car doors the car levels back up again to where it should be.

I guessing there’s going to be level sensor somewhere that I’m hoping isn’t too expensive if it goes but any other pointers/hints etc would be appreciated before I take the car to the mechanic.

thanks for any answers you may have.

It sags over a few hours, maybe a small leak, try using some fairy liquid to see if anything is leaking once the doors open as it's raised up.

Hi, tried that and couldn’t see anything before posting but it turned out it was a faulty air strut that was replaced under warranty.

Apparently there are only 2 level sensors, 1 front center & 1 rear center so that wouldn’t have caused the issue and the air system has non return valves all over so the it was easy for my mechanic to isolate the issue. He is very good though. Thankfully the issue was sorted at no cost to me and fingers crossed it’ll last for ages now.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…