No airbag light ?? Audi A4 S4 2007

Tormo

Reaction score
Just failed car test & told my airbag light was not on . Any ideas how to sort this please

Alright there mate I’m not sure why it would fail for not having the airbag light on? As far as I’m aware the airbag light will only come on if there is a fault in which case it will fail.

I’m not sure if the b7 platform has an indicator to show all is fine with them, if you post it in the b7 page they maybe able to help.

Reactions: Tormo
Could be wrong but think it's supposed to turn on before starting the engine and go off again else presumably someone has disabled it or removed the bulb or something.

Thanks mate as far as I know it should come on for a second after ignition and then go off but it doesn’t.

Could be wrong but think it's supposed to turn on before starting the engine and go off again else presumably someone has disabled it or removed the bulb or something.
I see so effectively it shows that the airbag warning bulb works therefore if there ever is an issue it will show. So as you say someone has either removed bulb because there is a problem or maybe it’s blown.

Maybe worth taking the cluster out and checking it.

Thanks I was hoping not to have to take cluster out but probably best way

Reactions: Pro-cookie