Help detailing a Black S3

twist

Reaction score
Due to collect my S3 this weekend. After some advice.

I read the fantastic guide on black cars. And have taken it all on board.

However couple of questions, the black diamond stuff mentioned in the thread is a sealant? So would I need to polish it before applying this after claying and washing.

I will be doing this by hand for the time being. So some advice on what products would be great

Cheers

Yes Wet Diamond is a sealant mate.

Your car may not even need claying, its more than likely that it will but we have done a few new cars that have been silky smooth so no claying was needed.

If you do then a mild clay will be all thats needed, just make sure you use plenty of lube to help keep any marring to a minimum.

Autoglym Super Resin Polish would be a good polish to use afterwards as its easy to use, will remove any light marring the clay induces and it will leave a nice basecoat for the Wet Diamond to be applied to.

Along with careful washing with the 2 bucket wash process and a decent lambswool wash mitt & Waffle weave drying towel - that should be pretty much all you need to keep it looking great

(providing the Audi dealership doesnt swirl the $hit out of your paint!)

Magic Clark thanks for the Advice. I wont be buying my S3 from an Audi Stealer I mean dealer its a private sale.

Will get the order in tomorrow. Allready have the waffle drying towel and will get a Lambs wool mit and use my old mit for the wheels.

Cheers

Bits all ordered from you guys

Thanks for the help again. Realised I had some Super Resin Polish in the garage still and the Meg Clay kit as well

:icon_thumright:

Will do :icon_thumright:

One last question upon further inspection it seems that there are quite a lot of swirls, what would be the best stuff by hand to at least help remove some of these?

Thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…