Bumper - paint damage

Nick_B

Reaction score
Alas my A4 has suffered its first paint damage - inflicted by me or someone nudging the car when parked - I have no idea. Given my 40k miles / year at home and on the continent these things are inevitable and I have learnt there is little point in getting too obsessed over keeping a perfect blemish free car.

I am thinking the light scouring next to the washer jet will improve with polishing, however the deeper scrapes will require some paint. I have used ChipEx before with reasonable success, however interested in views as to what products / techniques could be used to improve this (photo below).

I am not going to splash out on a smart repair as it is only a matter of time before the bumper is peppered with stone chips!

Yes, looks like the top minor stuff will lessen or go with a polish. The lower section will need paint and clear coat, the paint does look very sparkly but should look tons better.