K&N Cabin/Pollen filter

DeeGee68

DeeGee68
Reaction score
Hi ALL!
I recently had my car serviced by Audi and watched a documentary on K&N filters. I was most impressed by the endorsements and tests done on them that I decided to purchase the filters for the engine bay and the cabin. I was amazed (never having tried to do it myself) at how easy the filter was to change in the engine bay BUT the one in the cabin (glove box) was a nightmare!
I had a look on YouTube and it looked very easy but as the standard filter is made of paper it is more forgiving (flimsy) to change like for like.
I did compare the sizes of the K&N to the standard paper filter removed from the glove box and they are exactly the same. I can only assume that as the K&N is more robust, it requires the glove box to be removed to allow access to allow the filter to slide in easily.
Has anyone changed their pollen/cabin filter for the K&N in a 2014 S3 and can they advise me if there is another way to replace the filter?

Kind regards,

David

Are they activated charcoal and do they filter NOx and diesel particulates ?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…