'05 Allroad 2.7T (petrol) suspension issue...?

chosungjin

OOOO
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to this forum and needed some help.
I have '05 allroad (I'm in the States in eastcoast) and would like to see if I can make my suspension a bit firmer.
I have the stock pneumatic adjustable suspension and was told that it can't be modified to be different setting.
Another thought was to switch to lower profile tire - I have stock 225/55R/17 and changed my tires late-last year to Bridgestone Turanza LS-V.
I don't know if its the tires or the suspension that make my ride a little bit "bouncy soft"... maybe that's the tendency of the air suspension?...
Does anyone have experience or suggestion of how to stiffen the ride? Would switching to lower profile tire/wheels help? - what brand/model tires can you recommend (other than the terrible Pirelli P6)?
I don't want to lower my car though.
Any suggestion would be appreciated

use some bilstein shocks, the "yellow" ones.....

they will help stiffen the ride and be less bouncy

I believe the Allroad has air suspension, not the coil-spring type.
Isn't the shock you mentioned applicable to typical coil-spring?
Or can you tell me little more details?
Thanks.

Since it seems to be hard to mass up with the pnuematic adjustable suspension unlike conventional coil springs, I was told that one of the easier thing that can make Allroad's ride firmer is to upgrade the anti-roll bar (sway bar).
Has anyone have any experience on Allroad?
Does anybody know the size of the stock anti-roll bar (front/rear) and what would be a good size for upgrade ("Hotchkis" has a product with 35mm front + 24mm rear for about US$400)?
Can you really feel the difference when you drive?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…