Help Please Fuse: Control unit for vehicle electrical system

Jacko221

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the below fuse is for?

In the owners manual it says
"luggage compartment,
fuse carrier B (black),
No. 11 'control unit for vehicle electrical system',
20 amp"

VCDS won't connect.
Tried a brand new batter with no luck.

A fuse in the boot keeps blowing
-Control unit 2 for vehicle’s electrical system
-20 amp

In the owners manual it says
"luggage compartment,
fuse carrier B (black),
No. 11 'control unit for vehicle electrical system',
20 amp"

I put a brand new 20 amp fuse in then connected the battery. The fuse instantly blows.

All dash lights are off except the
-electric handbrake switch led (which doesn't release the handbrake)
-light on dash showing handbrake is on.

No power to the stereo or any other screens.

I can put the headllights on which also turns interior leds on and also i can use the windows

So power is there.

However the key is stuck in the ignition but even trying to start, no power at all, all dash is powerless.

I think this is the central convenience unit in the boot on the right hand side. You have a short circuit which keeps blowing the fuse. This module supplies power to lots of modules. I would start by un-plugging things like the rear light clusters one by one and see if the fuse keeps blowing.

Reactions: Jacko221
So I unplugged the module in the boot (BCM2?) the code was 8K0907064DP - when I unplugged the power the fuse stopped blowing.

I did a VCDS scan but as there was no power I saw a trick online to wake up some modules without any power from the key.

I think that the general plan on these VAG forums, when asking for helping and using VCDS, is that you are assumed to be using a legal version of VCDS. As you seem to be using version 15.7 I'm guessing that either you do not own a legal version of VCDS or for some curious reason have not found any good reason to keep your legally owned version up to date as current version is 18.2 !

Reactions: Jacko221 and DJAlix
Thats just what I got sent mate. I'm unsure what vcds version they're running.

A friend is checking the car over and forwarding me the findings. I'm just being the middle man and pushing everywhere as its my car.

If you feel that is illegal, i can remove it?

Well you have posted it now so probably just leave it there, but don't come back asking for help based on using hooky versions of VCDS.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…