Cutting S3 engine cover to fit with Revo CAI - with pictures

StuartG

Reaction score
I thought I would just share a few different pictures to help others save time figuring out the cut lines if they want to keep the std S3 engine cover when fitting a revo CAI. The open section on the rhs can be closed by plastic welding a section of the flat plastic you have cut off. Hope its useful to others. Stuart

Reactions: Forecast.bucket.s and samuelh_888
Hi there Im just about to do this mod too and was wondering what tools you used to cut the cover. Managed to pick a cover up for 20 quid yesterday so I'm ready to start cutting.

I used a thin slitting disc in a 4.5" angle grinder for cuts and then heat gun / soldering iron to close the area in 3rd picture using a discarded offcut and plastic welding. HTH Stuart

Whilst it is a more expensive solution, the TTS cover does look good with the Revo pipe. No more wrestling with those awful mounting grommets either!

Reactions: Forecast.bucket.s
Thanks for the advise as I don't have an angle grinder to hand I decided to buy a draper tool for the job. Done a little cut on the box and it slices through like a surgeons blade so this will work well. Didn't actually come with any cutting blades but lucky I had some lying around.
Same with every mod I do I seem to spend more on tools than the actual part lol. Draper was 28 quid cover was 20 quid.
I think I'm gonna play around with the finish too. Will post up results

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…