Bad day for my car, advice please

maxdrz400

Reaction score
So today i was doing a tip run in the car, all was going well until i noticed some guys throw a huge upvc window frame into the crusher, which was hanging out the top by about 4ft. As the crusher squeezed it, the bit hanging out the top flexed and snapped throwing a piece of window frame about 15ft in the air and onto the bonnet of my pride and joy!
It has scratched the bonnet in two places and left a dent the size of a £2 coin where it originally landed and alsp put a deep scratch in the wing where it fell of the car.
I just about managed to refrain from throttling the guy!
One of the workers at the tip gave me a phone number to call saying it was their claims line, after phoning the number i got given another number for their insurance department, which rang straight through to answer phone, i left a message requesting a call back and havent had one yet.
So what im wondering is if i contact my insurance company (hastings direct) will they chase the case for me, i think its a Biffa owned site, or will i lose my no-claims bonus by contacting my insurance?
Ive got a horrible feeling that i will get told that you use the site at your own risk.....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…