3.0TDI (245Ps) Remap

You really need to check the engine code on the engine itself.
That software you mentioned 8K5907311A - 0001 I don't have but i have a update 0002
Inside it tells me engine code is CLAB which is the 204hp

Can you ask them which file they put on the car?

I'll check the engine code when I leave work I'm here until 7 and can't go check.
I have messaged them back for that

You really need to check the engine code on the engine itself.
That software you mentioned 8K5907311A - 0001 I don't have but i have a update 0002
Inside it tells me engine code is CLAB which is the 204hp

Can you ask them which file they put on the car?

"Which file we put on the car? It was our CustomPro software. It's not just "a file", it was written for your car. We basically read out the standard software in your ECU which is the software above, then created the tune from a copy of that."

Strange no?
They first say something is wrong with the ECU file and then modify it any way and put it on the car.
Anyway I strongly believe you have a 204hp engine not a 245hp model in which case the 280 odd hp sounds about right.

Cheers

Reactions: L80EWY
Interesting scenario. So if he has the wrong engine, but now it's been remapped is he able to reach out to Audi about that?

Just out of interest @bobby singh , how well does the 204hp version respond to a good map ? Is the 204 simply detuned via the map its running, to provide a car that falls into a lower emissions / road tax band ?

Just out of interest @bobby singh , how well does the 204hp version respond to a good map ? Is the 204 simply detuned via the map its running, to provide a car that falls into a lower emissions / road tax band ?

I suspect the hardware is different - we know from Bobby's post the turbos are anyway. I wonder what else is?

It's a ruddy odd scenario, but I'd be very annoyed that they went ahead and mapped it given what they claim is the situation.

Engine is same (almost) but main difference is turbo
They respond well for sure yes - you could run some extra boost in the mid range
I think these guys are using generic files - because if they were to data log air mass they would have seen the kg/h is not high enough for a 245hp engine after a map.

But in this case, what is different? Was it registered as the wrong car, does it have a wrong map or a wrong engine? If the parts change slightly between the versions then does this mean it's the 204hp with a wrong turbo? Quite a confusing thing this!

It's registered as 245 model but I will let you's know the engine code once I leave work !

I'd be nervous as anything. The drama starts were they've already tweaked the engine, the ECU is fully aware of this change and whether or not Audi would action anything that they would be responsible for ...!

Attachments

• IMG_8885.JPG
    IMG_8885.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_8886.JPG
    IMG_8886.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 267
So potentially a software issue. But if it was as simple as a software issue, wouldn't the remap get above and beyond what it did?

So potentially a software issue. But if it was as simple as a software issue, wouldn't the remap get above and beyond what it did?

I'd have thought so too. Maybe we need to know what turbo it has just to be sure.

I would stab in the dark that possibly the right software, with the correct turbo, has been given the wrong physical engine and when being registered the engine was used to check the model and listed as the 245ps. All speculation of course.

Dun, dun, dun dun dun dun....

I think you left your lights on L80EWY...

Haha I've been out twice ! Call back at 7pm
Is this the pipe into the turbo?

Attachments

• IMG_8887.JPG
    IMG_8887.JPG
    771.2 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: LukeyC
Click on my build thread and see picture #4

While you are out there take some torx screw drivers open the water box and pull the ecu out and take a picture.
Thats shown again in my build thread picture #3

Click on my build thread and see picture #4

While you are out there take some torx screw drivers open the water box and pull the ecu out and take a picture.
Thats shown again in my build thread picture #3

Will have to at around 7 when I get home from work cheers

I'm going to need popcorn for this thread soon. :D

Reactions: bobby singh, ruairi83 and L80EWY
I haven't got any Torx bits in the garage until my mate is home ! Can't see the code on the turbo
Need to get that black bit off

Attachments

• IMG_8901.JPG
    IMG_8901.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 259
Could this car have been 245 from the factory, de-tuned due to emissions scandal re-map? Just a thought but it would explain why it's less BHP than it should be, with no faults and has mapped fine.

Reactions: pez81
I'd take a punt that it was the original supplying dealer that registered the car with incorrect details in the first instance......

Not that it means much but a reg check says it's the 245 model, maybe the dpf or egr is screwed, I'd definitely get rid of the dpf now it's mapped anyway else it's bound to clog.

Not that it means much but a reg check says it's the 245 model, maybe the dpf or egr is screwed, I'd definitely get rid of the dpf now it's mapped anyway else it's bound to clog.

We know its a 204hp map which appears to be running on a 245hp car, how does that make the dpf/egr faulty?
Also, if you tune the car well with correct lambda there is no reason for dpf to get blocked.

How do we know it was a 204hp map? Not saying they are faulty and maybe you can map for a dpf to some extent but I definitely wouldn't want to run a dpf with a map and this is echoed by everyone else who gets rid of the dpf at the same time they get it mapped or doesn't get rid of it then has problems.

The software id was given in this thread and i looked inside that map and determined its a 204hp map for engine code CLAB.

I've tuned many dpf cars. Process is to check dpf condition before tuning and ensure lambda isn't too rich so you don't block dpf. A lot of generic files are too rich yes.

Any update on this OP? My popcorn is getting cold!