2nd car wash in a day!

Itguy

Reaction score
Arghhh

just about to head outside to wash the car again today. Did it first thing, looked great.

Headed out for a bit of shopping etc, all good.

Come out of the supermarket and the heavens have opened. Brilliant.

Usually i'd just leave it as Sod's law but today, our main road home to our village was blocked by an idiot who's spun off into a field so we had to cut across single track to get home, along with all the other traffic.

Resulting in mud splatter everywhere.

So, now I'm about to go and do round 2!

anyone else washed their car twice in one day!?

What's this carwash you're talking about?! tell me you wash your baby by hand! :p

I managed 30 mins before a bird emptied its *** over mine, 2 hours spent cleaning it too ....

yep - my own fair hands of course and it takes a while too. pre-wash and rinse, two bucket method and rinse each panel, wheels, exhausts, drying etc.

A right PITA when I only did it this morning.

Anyway, all done now so it's clean again. I managed to G techniq the exhaust tips too, so fingers crossed that will help in the long run too.

Reactions: Battlekrapz
Cant see how a complete rewash would be necessary unless you are wanting to dry and polish it afterwards or something. If I was in your situ I would just hit it with the power washer to take off the fresh mud/dirt. A complete rewash is a bit OTT imo.

Reactions: Daz Auto
Probably right. Was trying to be kind to my neighbour who is a paramedic on nights at the moment so getting the pressure washer out would have been a bit selfish!

Reactions: Rexus
Probably right. Was trying to be kind to my neighbour who is a paramedic on nights at the moment so getting the pressure washer out would have been a bit selfish!

For those post wash mud splash moments I keep a bottle of Autoglym quick detailing spray along with a clean microfibre in the boot at all times.

That's very nice of you but if he works nights he should have discovered ear plugs by now, they are a godsend when you work nights trust me, I've spent many a day in bed after a night shift in total silence due to earplugs!!
Get the pressure washer out it would only be for 5 mins then a quick dry........job done!!

:) probably right. I really must ask her as there are plenty of noisy outside jobs I put off trying to be kind.

Mowing, revving the motorbike, cleaning the patio etc

I think you defo need to ask her as your life is on hold for her job!!!

Yeah, but I work for our local ambulance trust and I have immense respect for our front line paramedics.

:anbet:

Reactions: Koomerang
Often washed my car twice in a day..................

Arghhh

just about to head outside to wash the car again today. Did it first thing, looked great.

Headed out for a bit of shopping etc, all good.

Come out of the supermarket and the heavens have opened. Brilliant.

Usually i'd just leave it as Sod's law but today, our main road home to our village was blocked by an idiot who's spun off into a field so we had to cut across single track to get home, along with all the other traffic.

Resulting in mud splatter everywhere.

So, now I'm about to go and do round 2!

anyone else washed their car twice in one day!?

No but the wife has.

Yeah, but I work for our local ambulance trust and I have immense respect for our front line paramedics.

:anbet:

Please don't get me wrong I do respect them very much and I think they do a ****** great job for us, but it shouldn't stop you washing your car if you want to should it?