P2196 Bank 1 Sensor 1 (too rich)

Whodafunk

Reaction score
Ok, so in June I had a new exhaust and sports cat fitted to my 2007 A3 3.2 Quattro. Immediately afterwards I got a load of different fault codes, including cat below efficiency, too lean post cat, too rich pre cat etc etc. I understood the post cat faults given I had a sports cat fitted, but the pre cat fault confused me. Anyway I resolved the post cat faults with wire wool in the O2 spacers and a new lambda sensor post cat, which had been showing a low signal.

I've still got the following fault though...

008598 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1
P2196 - 002 - Signal too High (Rich)

Now I understand this can be down to various things, injectors, fuel pressure, bad sensor, air/intake leak etc. I have replaced the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. I've even replaced the lambda for a brand new Bosch one and the fault still remains. Any ideas how I can resolve this? How can I check the injectors for bank 1 are functioning correctly? Bank 1 is for cylinders 1, 3 & 5 yeah? I have VCDS if it can be done through this.

The car drives spot on and isn't down on fuel etc. Occasionally I get a slight flutter at idle when stationary, but its very slight. This makes me think injectors though. Any help appreciated, cheers.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…