Engine stutter - S3

David83S3

In my opinion .....
Reaction score
Hi Audi folks

So I recently had an OP to repair 2 Inguinal Hernias. All done now and recovering, but I haven't been able to drive.

My car has been sat doing nothing since the 3rd May. It had 1 short run (By my brother) on Monday 9th May. It might be worth also stating that I park my car on a serious slope. My parking space at the new flat is not great and sits on a very steep slope so the car was engine up to the sky.

I attempted driving for the first time yesterday (Wasn't a good idea as it hurt like hell). Started him up and as I waited for my friend to get in I noticed the engine sounded like it was about to stall. It was spluttering and really didn't sound healthy. Thought maybe it needed warming up so I pulled away slowly and started my journey very cautiously. I noticed a very obvious engine stutter. Going up the gears ....every so often the engine would stutter and I could feel a loss of power. Once the engine was up to temp I gave it a couple of short bursts ...see if that helped.

Got to where I was going for lunch. Had lunch. Then headed home again.

The journey home was fine. Didn't notice the stutter. Due to the pain I wont be driving it again for a few days so cannot check it again for now.

Thoughts?

I guess the simple answer is take it into Audi to be checked out.

Reactions: pburv
Sure for peace of mind take it to the dealers but my guess is the fuel in the line probably bled back into the tank and took a while to feed back into the engine...
ps Glad the op went well...

Reactions: SW14NY'S, mike170 and David83S3