Hi got a few broken plastic bits in the engine bay

Mickyfinn121

Reaction score
Hi i bought my s3 recently and got it home lifted up the bonnet to sudenly find some small cracked plastic parts that i had missed when i went to buy it. One is the metal clip that clamps the right angle pipe down from the intake. and the plastic bend its self if possible. The second is the pegs that suport the rubber pipe to the top plastic cover that leads to the blow off valve. And 3 is the top engine cover it self. Il try include pictures so you get a idea. If anyone knows were i could find all these parts or have them for sale them selves that would be awsome. Also does anyone know that because that metal clamp is missing am i loosing boost presure? Cheers in advance

Attachments

• 20160410_000434.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 20160410_000524.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG-20160409-WA0007.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 149
You would be best going in to Audi part dept or TPS with pictures as see if they can get the parts.
They will be available.

You would be best going in to Audi part dept or TPS with pictures as see if they can get the parts.
They will be available.

Yeah was thinking that tbh but thought i would give it a try on here first see if there was any secondhand ones going

Regarding the metal clip, the plastic turbo inlet pipe is sealed into the cover with a tight fitting O ring. As the engine and engine cover move together it is unlikely that the pipe will be twisting and so leaking. One clip is still there. So short term unlikely to have a boost leak. Long term get it replaced. Engine covers can be found on EBay but beware that many might be cracked due to incorrect removal.