Bluetooth

minimadmotorman

Reaction score
I've got a Final Edition with RNS-E & Bose and am looking for options for Bluetooth.

I understand I could have a gen unit retrofitted or a kufatec fiscon but are there any 3rd party options which whilst not integrating to the RNS will use the cars speakers and mute the radio etc?

ooh- that a clever question- I had a sony-erricson thing, back in the day, that did that

it went inline on the speaker outputs of the headunit

i wouldn't know off the top of my head if that kind of thing is still available though...

Mine came with a Nokia ck-7w thing which does just that, still works perfect with iPhone 6, maybe that or something similar would be available 2nd hand?

I have a CK-7W in mine, a brilliantly performing unobtrusive bit of kit. The only clue to it is the button which you can locate anywhere you want. Less than £50 new these days.

Only downside is due to how the speakers are wired, only the front mute with the call, but that's rarely an issue for me.