What's the speed limiter set at?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
I was able to drive up to 265 km/h today and was wondering if the car could reach the 300 km/h as indicated on the speedometer.

If not, is there a factory set limit for the top speed?

That's kinda pointless information since it is wrong otherwise how would I have been able to reach 265 km/h?

That's kinda pointless information since it is wrong otherwise how would I have been able to reach 265 km/h?
It's not likely that the speedo is accurate (particularly at high speed)
265 is about 6% up on 249. And were you on the absolute flat? - that could make a difference as well.
Anyway, you can't trust Audi figures (whoops - did I say that!!)

It's not likely that the speedo is accurate (particularly at high speed)
265 is about 6% up on 249. And were you on the absolute flat? - that could make a difference as well.

Actually I hit 260 on a downhill then 265 on a slight incline.

Car speedos aren't precisely accurate, that's why you saw a figure higher than 155mph on the dash.

Audi have always traditionally been "generous" in sticking to the 155mph gentlemen's agreement.

Plenty of YouTube footage on this

Also Fifth Gear videos on the runway with various S models

Get a GPS speed reader, you'll soon see that you didn't reach 265kmh..

I have a GPS speed reader in the car and it usually reads about 1-2 mph less than my speedo at low speed (>35mph), on the motorway that gap increases with my speed.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…