V5/Log book question

Wu11ie

Reaction score
I took my private plate off the Vectra yesterday to get it ready to sell. I done it online and have the confirmation email telling me to put the original plate back on which I've now done. My question is this......

Do I have to wait on the new V5 coming through with the original plate before I sell it or can I use the V5 I have with the private number on it?

I've got the emails to prove it's all legit, just don't want to mess any potential buyers about.....

Thanks in advance

i'd be waiting until they send the new v5 out. you can display your old number now though, remember to update your insurance as your private plate won't be registered to a car.

i'd be waiting until they send the new v5 out. you can display your old number now though, remember to update your insurance as your private plate won't be registered to a car.
Cheers mate, I'm thinking the same now after a fair bit of reading, just need to keep it insured and taxed fir another few weeks