Sat Nav

disco_stu01

disco_stu01
Reaction score
Was thinking about buying built in sat nav for my a3, just wondering if anyone knows if I was to get one from ebay what else I would need to set it up, could I do it myself or if there a lot of work in hand?

Thanks

Basically, if you already have a double din head unit in the car (i.e. Symphony) then it is easy - as lon as you get the right unit from ebay (part number 8P0 035 192 I think). But if it's a single din HU you have (Concert or below), then you will need a new double din cage and climate control unit (as it will need to be lower down to accommodate the large HU), and it's not so simple.

A few people have done it on here, and if you look on the ICE forum section, I'm sure you will find a whole load of threads on the subject from the past. I think it is craigb on here that fits them.

Yeah have the Symphony unit so hopefully should be easy, many thanks

If the thought of doing it yourself is intimidating (like it was with me), Craigb has done 2 installs for me on 2 diferent A3's in less than 6 months. Well recommended.