Another Annoying Alpine KCE-425i Question...

guile

Reaction score
i'm hoping someone can settle a query I have regarding the power wiring of the alpine kce-425i. the bare power wires are black, red, yellow and the 4 pin connector at the other end is white, black, green and red. makes perfect sense...

can someone who has one of these installed and working (appears to be a rare thing after reading numerous other threads saying how temperamental the set up is) please confirm that my unit is wired up correctly. i have black to ground, red to 12v ignition supply and yellow to 12v permanent supply...

when tested at the 4 pin plug end this gives the following results using white as negative for some bizarre reason:

white to black - permanent 12v
white to red - ignition switched 12v

i know its a pain but if some can access there 4 pin plug and run the same test as above i'd be internally grateful. i have read issues about having to the change the pins around in the 4 pin connector but suspect this is for people that may have wired to red and yellow wire the wrong way around...

3 days wasted trying to get this thing to work which i would rather have spent installing other bits i have waiting in my shed to be installed...

i hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance...

hi yer speak to Dinkey at D-tronics 0345 313 1642 one of the best Alpine engineers I have had the pleasure to speak to and unlike the staff at Alpine UK he does know what he is talking about

hope this helps

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…