Low Dust Pads

chucky1

Reaction score
This is something I have done in the past. Akebono Euro Ceramics. Rotors left as is. I couldn't feel any braking difference. My wheels stayed clean. I'm not lazy, but cleaning wheels is something I don't look forward to. When the Avant is having its 1st service this will be done for sure. The 5 V section wheels are pretty dark but this will certainly help. I take my hat off to guys who keep high chrome wheels clean with euro pads on them. I know there are a few brands of low dust pads but I can vouch for these. Made in Japan and used on bullet trains.

Where can you get them? And how much? I fancy trying these.

I'd like to help you sixpot but the drive would be a killer. I bought this one up because I was wondering what you guys use, or if, you guys use dustless/low dust pads. The time saved is huge and my wheels always look clean.

I had the Akebonos recommended to me by a friend who gives his cars a bit of a hammering. I was a bit sceptical. I thought you would lose out somewhere but the feel and stopping power is the same to me. That said I don't drive in really cold weather here and I don't know if cold starts would have much of an effect. We are in the depths of winter now brrrrrrrrr....

I imagine you would have available to you in Oz Hawk Performance ceramic pads ?

Yes Gazwould you can get Hawk Street Performance C Ps. Bendix make a range called General CT, Euro Plus to name two. These all get good reviews.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…