Help with a6 alloys

robbiehwd

Reaction score
Good evening all, I am after some advice with regards to an audi a6 alloys. I have just Bought a 12 plate 3.0tdi quattro avant it has 19" 8.5J seven spokes alloys on it with 225x45x19, however I have had this style alloy before so i want to change them i have seen some nice 5 spoke rotor alloys (genuine audi ones) 19" 8.5j but they appear to have 255x35 tyres on them ? All I want to know is what tyres should I really be looking at and can I just straight swap the wheels ? Thanks in advance rob

I think you will be perfectly fine with the 255/35 tyres, the main thing is the replacement wheels are the correct/same offset, so you have no clearance issues. Of you could just swop the tyres over, if that's your preference. I'd prefer the wider rubber, if just for a bit more protection for the lips of your alloys.

A6s should be 255/35/19 96Y XL which is OEM spec.

Are you sure? My 12 A6 BiTdi had 255 40 19 and ive just changed these to 255 35 20. Everywhere i checked confirmed that 255 40 19 were the correct a6 tyres. Even the door sticker confirms this size.