Is there more than 1 type of rear wiper motor?

• Thread starter imported_alecblack
  • Start date
I

imported_alecblack

Guys,
Just as the subject line says, I bought
a second hand one of Ebay as mines
has packed in but when i went to change it over it is completely different. My car is a A3 97 T sport and the one i bought was advertised from a A3 99 T sport. Is it a different unit for a 3 door and 5 door or are there just more than one model?

cheers in advance

AFAIK there is only one type for the 8L a3/s3. Could be wrong tho.

Can you let us know the complete part number from the motor you have and I'll se if I can check it for you.

Thanks,

not sure where the part no is but there are 2 numbers. One on the metal casing which is printed directly on the case 101386-101/774.60021.01/17098613

and another which is on an orange sticker on the other side of the casing
brm-h germany
A / U90A21.09.00
101423-202 173-09342
then in big bold letters
1J2 959 802 C

thats an electric window motor.

that may explain the difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'd have thougth they were the same as my pre-facelift one fitted into the post facelift tailgate i now have.

Yup, thats a drivers side window motor for a golf/bora or beetle.

Time to chuck it back on ebay and give the seller a bad rating if he was calling it a rear wiper motor!

Thanks guys,

The seller is called 'glebecs' so watch out for him. I have asked him to give me a refund but i dont hold out much hope.

Ah well suppose i had to
get stung sooner or later on ebay, just glad it wasnt for much.

Anybody know how much i would get for an electric window motor?

is it definately the motor? Could it just be the spindle binding/corroded? I would try stripping it 1st unless it smells of carbonite!

can you post the ebay link just out of curiosity