Audi a4 2.5 engine change to 3.0 tdi

boardy1987

Reaction score
Hi guys. Was thinking about buying a 3.0 tdi engine from a local car breaker. he said its out of a 06 a4. I was wondering has anyone ever tried this and would the wiring loom an all be the same??

Adams might be able to help. But the 2.5 and the 3.0 is a very different engine.

Forget about it, nearly everything is different: box, engine, ECU, ABS pump, engine wiring loom, dashboard wiring loom, etc... You better off spending the 2-3 grand towards the car with the engine you want in it or spend the money upgrading the car you have...
3k spent into a 2,5 tdi will go beyond what a 3.0Tdi will do with just a remap ! Done a DPF delete on a 2007 a5 2.7Tdi this weekend and working on the new engines is much more involved compared to the old v6 tdi lump !

Thought that might be the case. Worth a try though haha

U seem to know what your talking about mate. I was goanna get a bigger turbo etc but tried to mail you for advice but never heard anything. What would I need for it its an ake engine

U seem to know what your talking about mate. I was gonna get a bigger turbo etc but tried to mail you for advice but never heard anything. What would I need for it its an ake engine

Sorry, must have got un-noticed, some weeks i have too many emails so cannot answer all ! Anyway, what's your budget ? You can get 350 Bhp out of the good old AKE engine with a few bolt on mods ! I can get you big nozzles, a hybrid turbo, a 4 Bar map sensor, a custom map and a clutch whatever your power...just let me know what you're after... Chris- 07789912128

Reactions: boardy1987
Spot on mate cheers. Ive near a grand there id budget prob a 1500 2000 or so. I saw a thread on this people saying you cant do nothing with them bar a remap. How do I find out if my engine is a good one before blowing it up mate. Ive got vagcom and all mate.

Best to look at the camshafts to see if they are in good nick and not worn. I can get you a turbo fitted with a 56mm or 60mm compressor wheel which will supply plenty air for 250-270 Bhp, a set of nozzles (choice of 40%, 66%, 80% larger nozzles), a 4 Bar remap + a new tune will produce so much torque that it will slip the clutch. With a smooth tune and above ingredients it will do some serious Bhp !
If you're near North London one day, drop me a line and i will take you for a spin in my 2 tonne allroad- not exactly the lightest car for a performance upgrade but i like to go against the grain sometimes !

Reactions: boardy1987 and pauldazzle
Aw man that sound awsome. Ive got your number mate il definatly be in touch. Thanks man