OSIR paddles and footrest

glospete

Reaction score
When I got my TT last year I fitted a couple of OSIR accessories which really improved the look inside the car. The first was a footrest because on RHD cars there is no nice alloy foot rest (unlike LHD markets):

I fitted this myself using NoMoreNails tape rather than screwing into the plastic and the floor. Is there a nice footrest on the A3? (TBH I never noticed when I test drove the car!).

The other thing I had fitted were a set of alloy gearshift paddles as my TT came with black plastic ones. I had the paddles fitted by the TT Shop (although it's very easy to do). It only took 45 minutes and I am really pleased with them - same size as the originals but chunky solid aluminium so a much nicer feel than the thin plastic standard ones. It transpires that the TTShop do sell them but they are not on their website. Cost from them is about £70 plus fitting of about 45 minutes so a total of about £120. A great investment in my opinion and of course it matches the aluminium look inside the TT.

When I test drove the A3 the paddles seems to be the same so does anyone know if the TT paddles are the same? If they are I quite fancy getting another set of these OSIR paddles as they are solid alloy and feel much nicer than the black plastic ones.

Original TT paddles

OSIR paddles

Last edited:
Don't think the A3 paddles are the same. They're larger and trimmed in aluminium (at least on the S3).

Don't think the A3 paddles are the same. They're larger and trimmed in aluminium (at least on the S3).

I'm sure they were only plastic on the Sport that I had a test drive in.

Would also like to know if anyone knows of decent footrest, it f's me off that rhd models dont get these as standard, one of first things I got and fitted to the edition 35. Thanks in advance if anyone can post link to decent footrest.

Steering wheel paddles are dark grey plastic on all A3 models regardless of trim level (ex S3)

RHD S-Tronic footrest. Audi don't make these (LHD only I think) so you'd need to look for aftermarket.

John.

Reactions: glospete
So they put a foot rest in the RHD s3, but not the other models?

OK, could have worded my post better.....

Both S-Tronic LHD & RHD cars have a foot rest for left foot but it's black plastic. Going back to the OP comment, Audi only make alloy/metal footrest finishers for LHD cars.

Just jumped in my car and realised what you were talking about. Would have sworn it was alloy, but no - it's black plastic. Daft that it doesn't match the peddle design.

The ali shift paddles on my S3 are larger than those that were in both my TT's (TTS & TTRS) - they also drop below the wheel a lot more, which I find makes it much easier to paddle shift whilst turning the wheel. Must say, the paddles on my TT's were not like the picture posted - mine were aluminium (well shiny metal anyway). Almost exactly the same as the OSR ones in the picture above actually