Controlling the Driver Information System. No controls on my wiper arm?!?!

handmadematt

Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDI Sport.
I couldn't work out how to control the
Driver Information System screen between the dials.
I looked in the manual and it says the controls for this are on the wiper arm. (It even shows a picture of it.)
My wiper arm has no such controls!?
I can't see any elsewhere. Am I going mad?

Thanks.

It's not fitted to all models mate. Requires a new stalk, sensor for screen wash reservoir (or the bypass the wiring) and coding via VCDS. May as well fit cruise control at the same time if you don't have that fitted either.

Reactions: GeoffDunk
It's not fitted to all models mate. Requires a new stalk, sensor for screen wash reservoir (or the bypass the wiring) and coding via VCDS. May as well fit cruise control at the same time if you don't have that fitted either.

Got it in one

Not at present. You'll only get range till empty and outside air temp.

Also if you do decide to go down the 'Full DIS' route, make sure you get the right wiper stalk, i.e. one for an Avant with rear wiper switch. I know a couple of people have accidentally bought saloon ones to some annoyance.

Does it not need a new steering wheel control module aswell Ally? Obviously, it depends on what type/part no. is currently in place, but generally, don't you have to replace the SWCM for DIS, or is that only for cruise and/or MFSW? Not fully got my head round all the variations yet. In an ideal world I'd just do the whole lot - but di moneys.....