S3 Sportback 8p - Bluetooth?

Stevie Mac

Reaction score
Morning folks- I'm new to this forum and have had my first Audi for nearly a week now - very impressed.
Its a 2009 (09) S3 Sportback and has a 6 disc Symphony HU + Bose.
My dilemma(?) - is that I need a handsfree kit to work with my iphone 4, for calls and streaming from my ipod. My local ICE company has suggested that the Audi Bluetooth Kit (£250 ish), would do the trick. However, after reading some posts on the net, I'm not convinced that the audi kit will stream music.
He also suggested that my car may need a set up on the vag-com machine to enable the car to communicate fully with the new kit.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
And (!) I'm also toying with the possibility of going for the RNS-E. My head is pickled.

Cheers in advance,
Stevie

^is there any difference is sound quality between the RNS-E compared with what I've got??
I'm not really fussed for aftermarket products - trying to keep things as much as Audi as possible. Thanks folks

£250 for an oem latest version BT kit seems very cheap tbh, I'm not sure that's for the actual audi system, check what they're considering supplying & does that include install costs.

The audi bt phone kit does not stream music, its phone only, if you had a mk2 rns-e, then the streaming via the also addon ami system is possible, via an ami dongle aswell, not a cheap setup, albeit one setup we do often tbh, but it works & fits in with all other audi systems very well.

Not sure were you are, but we supply/fit all the audi systems if of interest

NHN - you have pm,
250 is the rough cost price for the Audi kit, my mate works for an in-car connection company, but I'm picking the experts brains today, as I now understand that Audis can vary dramtically from car to car.
His other suggestion was a MK derivative parrot to do everything...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…