a3 TDI 170 - DPF removal and custom remap in Wales?

Damien.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

had the dreaded DPF light up on my car a few days ago. A long hard drive cleared it and all seems good at the moment but I'm dreading it happening again. I am seriously considering getting the DPF removed and getting a custom remap. A quick google search shows numerous places but I am looking for one a bit closer to home.

Any recommended shops in Wales that do this?

Thanks in advance.

Chances are one of your sensors are failing; unless the car is of a high mileage??

I would get the car checked out first as it could be a cheap and simple fix

The DPF light isn't too much of a worry, they do come on occassionally and it isn't impending doom - you just need to make sure you take it out for a drive constant speed at full operating temp. What you need to do is be conscious of how the car is driven, try and avoid a series of short cold start journies. I know it sounds daft having to keep a track of how the car is driven but I've only seen the light on mine a handful of times now in about 3yrs of ownership.

We used to have a 2008 170 and the DPF light used to come on every 200 mile, this was because my lass used the car when I was at work from the school work and back so a grand total of 10miles stop start, most of the time the engine temp never went over 50c

So when I got back from work I had to give it a good drive or force regen.

Got sick of it after a while so bought the S3 and traded the A3 in it was a good car to be honest.

My advice would be if you do short journeys is have it removed.

Cheers Dan

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…