Audio question A3 sedan

dakidakov

Reaction score
I've bought myself a nice Audi A3 sedan ( in UAE ) and as every new owner, I am spending the week until delivery in watching videos and looking at random photographs of the car. One thing caught my attention though.

The car I bought was a display model in the showroom and I remember seeing three speakers in each front door, two in each rear door and a dash mounted speaker. Now, I read there are 8, 10 and 14 speaker configurations. So where does mine fit?

It hasn't got a sub on the rear parcel shelf (I'll check the spare wheel well once I get the car ) but it's got the dash speaker. It's not the 8 speaker system, because it has more than that, but it's not the 14 and 10 either. What's going on?

Easy way to tell

Look in the boot first for the sub under the floor. If it's there then you've either got the Audi sound system or b&o. If not, it's the bog standard system.

If it's there then check the front doors and see if the main bottom speaker has b&o written on it and a silver surround.

The centre speaker grill is fitted to all cars regardless of sound system, whether it has a speaker actually behind it is what makes the difference!

The sedan doesn't have the sub fitted under the floor but under the rear parcel shelf...

Reactions: PembsA3
I've probably got the standard 8 speaker system then. Not too bugged about that. What I'm bugged about is having hollow mid-range speaker grills next to the door handles

It's weird, because the car is fully specced. It's got the brown Nappa leather with sports seat, the full 7 inch MMI, quattro 1.8 TFSI with the dual clutch. I'll still check the boot when I get the car, because Middle Eastern versions of European and American cars are sometimes very very strange. I had a Kia Mohave with a JBL sound system when it was ''Infinity'' in the rest of the world, including Korea.

Thanks for your replies

The car I bought was a display model in the showroom and I remember seeing three speakers in each front door, two in each rear door and a dash mounted speaker. Now, I read there are 8, 10 and 14 speaker configurations. So where does mine fit?

I have the 14 speaker B&O system and only have two speakers in my front doors so don't know why you have three. Where are they located exactly?

FYI, the 14 speakers of the B&O are: two in each front door, two in each rear door (or panel for the 3-door), a tweeter in each corner, dash-top centre speaker and sub in the boot

Or, while you're looking at the sub, you could just see if it has "Bang & Olufsen" written on it

From what I have seen:

Normal Sound System = Matt Front Speaker grill surrounds.
Audi Sound System = Piano Black Front Speaker grill surrounds.
B&O Sound System = Illuminated Front Speaker grill surrounds.

Pretty sure mine doesn't have piano black surrounds anywhere...

Not sure on others but the B&O shows up on the MMI as "B&O" when in the sound settings.

Attachments

• 12388630565_eeb56cf18c_t.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 12432237004_8188676510_t.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 12431756415_1dcb2f1639_t.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 12388630565_eeb56cf18c_n.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I have the 14 speaker B&O system and only have two speakers in my front doors so don't know why you have three. Where are they located exactly?

My mistake I count three on the front doors with the tweeters in the corners. The car should be delivered on Wednesday and I'll finally know I secretly hope for a hidden sub in the trunk even though it's the sedan. Middle Eastern car configurations are super strange sometimes.