2018 TTS Service Interval (Confusion)

Datastorm

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2018 TTS which was registered in April, and has currently covered approx 5700 miles.

Whilst looking at the onboard computer its saying it needs an oil change in 4300 miles time (see pic), this would be around the 10k miles mark. I'm not currently receiving any alerts on the dashboard about an impending service requirement, but I'm sure they will come in a few months.

I was under the impression that new Audis come as standard set to the long life service regime. The fact it's not expecting an inspection service for another 13100 miles backs this up I feel, but the oil change requirement is confusing me.

All my previous Audis never required an oil change at 10k miles, would just get them serviced approx every 2 years when the DIS told me too on the long life programme. Are new TT's different, does the long life (expensive) oil only last 10k miles in them?

Apologies if this question has been asked before, was hoping not to have to take the car into the dealers for another year. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Attachments

• 5DFB1DC6-8204-4C80-A5F7-674176AA5629.jpg
    5DFB1DC6-8204-4C80-A5F7-674176AA5629.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 328
Reactions: Kimberley2
Hi Jeff, Your post is basically similar to my current conundrum. Any advice from the forum would be greatly appreciated. My car is a 2018 TT 1.8 TFSI (the baby one). I’ve reached the 10k mark and receiving a dash board warning that an oil change is required, on checking the O/B servicing schedule the next service isn’t due for another 10k. I contacted my local Audi service centre to book the car in for the oil change however they have flatly refused to only change the oil and will only do this as part of an inspection service and quoted me 180 quid all in. I’m tempted to reset the oil change warning and just wait for the 20k service (which will be around the end of this yr). However I have a nagging feeling this might not be wise with a new engine, or am I thinking of the old days when you had to run engines in. Any advice whether I’m being engine paranoid, living in the 80’s or if my local Audi service centre are trying to swizz me, would be extremely helpful. Kimberley

Reactions: Datastorm
Hi Jeff, Your post is basically similar to my current conundrum. Any advice from the forum would be greatly appreciated. My car is a 2018 TT 1.8 TFSI (the baby one). I’ve reached the 10k mark and receiving a dash board warning that an oil change is required, on checking the O/B servicing schedule the next service isn’t due for another 10k. I contacted my local Audi service centre to book the car in for the oil change however they have flatly refused to only change the oil and will only do this as part of an inspection service and quoted me 180 quid all in. I’m tempted to reset the oil change warning and just wait for the 20k service (which will be around the end of this yr). However I have a nagging feeling this might not be wise with a new engine, or am I thinking of the old days when you had to run engines in. Any advice whether I’m being engine paranoid, living in the 80’s or if my local Audi service centre are trying to swizz me, would be extremely helpful. Kimberley

Compared with what I have read on here and experienced from other main dealers £180 for an oil change and an inspection from an Audi dealer? is a bargain.

Plot twist...... this morning my car says oil change in 30 days, I’ve done 5700 miles.

This really makes no sense to me. Does the oil need changing in new TT’s every 10k/12M regardless of whether it’s long life oil not?

Attachments

• 36A687D2-EC88-4C34-947C-8040FA22E3E1.jpeg
    36A687D2-EC88-4C34-947C-8040FA22E3E1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 517
From what I have read and with my own experience of the TTS if you do less that 10k a year the car will request an annual oil change as per Audi's service documentation that comes with the car, if your doing higher mileage it will move to the long life regime...…….I would rather change the oil yearly anyway regardless of mileage.

Hello, thanks for yr reply, currently covering approx 12k p/a. Since my post I have signed up for an Audi service plan 1-3 years, 468 quid in tttl but it’ll cover the oil change and full service at 20k. Thx

Hello, thanks for yr reply, currently covering approx 12k p/a. Since my post I have signed up for an Audi service plan 1-3 years, 468 quid in tttl but it’ll cover the oil change and full service at 20k. Thx

Snap, I've just done the same. Can't believe the TTS gets it for the same price!