2018 A6 Thoughts

fafa

Reaction score
Just been reading a few press releases on the new model A6.. Looks inside like A7 and A8, which is no surprise really. Interesting that they are releasing a 3L V6 petrol - they ditched that here in the UK on the current version so wonder if we'll see it on the new model. No word yet on S/RS or a BiTdi engine though.

I like the look of them, the front bumper looks really nice - appears that there will be no manual gearbox on the early versions though.

From the front, it looks like new A8. Similar in the rear.
To me, rear of it is more appealing than the new fronts of both platforms. The grille is too wide, for my liking.
Love the line the new A6 is carrying. All creases/curves are in right places and makes the car sharper, contemporary.

Inside, as @fafa said. Luxury taken from A7 and A8. Technology everywhere and that is something Audi should do long time ago.

As for the engines, what is the point of manuals, nowadays. Everyone is rushing everywhere and that's what makes people lazy. They want things to be quicker, without any faffing around with gears. Just push the thing a go. LOL

Overall, I like the new shape.

Cannot wait what RS will look like

Think I'll be sticking an order in when the Avant version comes out, but my guess that won't be until early next year for deliveries

Reactions: RS4B5
The more I have clicked about online - the more that I like the A5 design over the A6!!

Edit: But then again -really not sure

Last edited:
I understand the S6 and RS6 will be V6's, which is part of the reason I bought a C7 S6 Avant.

No doubt the new engine will be at least as powerful as the C7, but the way a V8 and V6 deliver power is entirely different.

My S6 was bought as a daily driver and I like the understated "lazy" power delivery of a V8 in daily driving aspects of life, there's a reason most Rolls and Bentley's and luxury cars in general used V8's, it was easy and effortless.

V6's need to be hustled. Which can be very enjoyable, but not in a limo daily type car.

This is not about performance, it's about the character and the way the engine delivers it's power. My weekend car is a Mercedes Sl400 (3.0tt V6) and about a year into ownership I realised I should have bought the Sl500 version instead.

I love our S6, the reality is it's probably the best all round daily I've ever owned, however I think the badge is a misnomer. It would be more appropriate if it were badged an A6 4.0 TFSi. It's just not a sports car like most of the other S models are (S8 excluded!). I come from a Mercedes background and the I bought an S6 as Mercedes no longer sell an E500, which is what I think the S6's closest competition would be if it still existed.

So the new models being V6's just rule them out for me. I bought our 2017 S6 with a 5 year warranty and I intend keeping it a long way beyond that.

Last edited:
Am pretty sure the RS6 will be V8.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS4B5
YH PRETTY SURE THE RS6 c8 WILL BE V8 THE NEW A6 IS SUPPOSED TO BE MORE DYNAMIC THAN A 5er AND E CLASS
I GOT HIGH EXPECTATIONS OF THE RS6 IT BETTER BE GOOD AS THIS GEN WAS A BLISS THEY COMPARE NEV M5 AND E63 TO THE "old" RS6 BUT AUDI STUCK A FINGER UP TO THAT WITH THE NOGARO BLUE EDITION:smirk::box::rock: