2018 2.0 TDI 150 cam belt change….water pump needed?

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
Am viewing a 2018 2.0 TDI 150 tomorrow (FASH, 55K miles) at an Audi main dealer that needs its cam belt doing (which they’re doing prior to sale ) unfortunately I have no idea of the engine code.
Having spoken to another Audi dealer about this already they said that the water pump isn’t necessarily replaced when the belt is done…..
Having always had the pump changed with the belt on every VAG diesel that I’ve had over the last 30 years I don’t like the sound of this at all.
Perhaps I’m worrying needlessly, but would the pump be done on a 2018 or has the other dealer got it wrong?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Every cambelt I have ever had replaced has always been with a water pump. Does it need doing? probably not but should it need it it's another big job. My advice would be to pay the extra £100 or so and get the pump done at the same time.

Every cambelt I have ever had replaced has always been with a water pump. Does it need doing? probably not but should it need it it's another big job. My advice would be to pay the extra £100 or so and get the pump done at the same time.
Thanks, those are my thoughts exactly.
They’re bearing the costs of the cam belt being done, hopefully they’ll readily agree that the pump will be changed as well….

Reactions: daytonamart
Think it's a separate electric pump so can be changed on its own at a later date. At least that's what dealer said when they replaced my timing belt a few years back.

Reactions: Nessy
Having viewed the car on 3/3/23 the good news is that the dealer has agreed that the water pump is to be changed as part of the cam belt job…..

Reactions: Fatbloke and daytonamart