2017 A5 Sloshing Sound

Hevd

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my 2017 2ltr TFSI Quattro since 2020 and its brilliant , but recently when braking and coming to a stand and setting off I get what I can only describe as a sloshing water sound from the rear. I've checked the spare tyre well and both sides in the boot where the fuses are and they're both bone dry. So I'm at a loss as to what's going on, it's a Sportback if that's any help. Any pointers where to look next would be great.
Thanks

Hi, I've had my 2017 2ltr TFSI Quattro since 2020 and its brilliant , but recently when braking and coming to a stand and setting off I get what I can only describe as a sloshing water sound from the rear. I've checked the spare tyre well and both sides in the boot where the fuses are and they're both bone dry. So I'm at a loss as to what's going on, it's a Sportback if that's any help. Any pointers where to look next would be great.
Thanks
Good morning to you,there have been lots of reports of water ingress in the sills on the A5s.Have a look here for more info https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxs...EAHZ-SA1MQBSgAegQICBAB&biw=1280&bih=627&dpr=3

This thread should give you all the info you need - had this on mine which was solved by the dealer replacing the drains on the cills

Thanks I’ll add that check to the list, it’s going in for a service in Jan at the dealership so if I haven’t sorted it I’ll ask them to have a look