2017 A5 - Front black badge replacement

Maxb92

Maxb
Reaction score
Hi Folks

New to the forum and looking for some advice.

I have just replaced my E Class AMG Night Edition with a red, shiny new A5 S-Line Coupe (which I love!)

I am trying to replace the badge on the front with a black one I had bought a while back but struggling, I don't want to take the bumper off if I can avoid it? I have read a guide on doing this on an old S5, assuming if this is the only way to do it that's the route I would need to go down?

Would upload some pics but can't work out how, hmm.

Look forward to getting some help...

Cheers guys.

Max.

Figured it out. If anyone wants to know how I'll do a write up.

Cheers.

Reactions: Buck
Hi!

Well I would love to know how to do that and also please share some pics from the result too!
Just click on the Gallery at the top left corner(ish) and creat a new album. After you've uploaded the pictures you can post them to the forums.

Me too Max. Pics and how to would be great

OK let's try this.. Let me know if the pics work!

Also had a go at making a 'black edition' grill.

[photo=large]8627[/photo]

[photo=large]8628[/photo]

You may want to edit out the front numberplate ;-)

Blackout looks really good against the red bodywork. You should wrap the mirrors black as well.

Who supplied your lip spoiler, Im looking for something similar for the S7? :racer:

Thanks!

I wrapped the mirrors for a test run and it looks great, but I'm not skilled enough to do them completely without wrinkles or bubbles so took them off. Have been quoted £40 to have them professionally done so will do them when I get around to it.

Also thinking of getting the roof wrapped in black and windows tinted, but I have heard some horror stories on the A5s when it comes to tints, does anyone have any experiance here?

I've never had a car with "fake carbon fibre " on before and the boot lip again really was just to test fit how a real one would look but it looks so good for the money that im leaving it on... link below, couldn't be simpler to fit. Looks brill for 2/3 feet, get any closer and it looks a little suspect if you know the difference between this and the real thing.

4.5ft (145cm/1.4m)Universal Environmental-friendly Rubber Trunk or Rear Roof Lip Spoiler with Glossy Stylish Carbon Fiber Pattern ... Amazon product

I forgot to mention how I changed the grill badge, it took some doing and completely ruined the old badge but essentially pop the bonnet, unclip the top four torx screws, brace yourself and get violent with pulling the front bumper forward. Get a flathead screwdriver and pop the tabs from the back whilst applying some leverage on the front, a two man job and I would say almost impossible to do without breaking the old badge, the only other alternative I think would be to remove the bumper which I didn't really fancy doing.

The chrome wrap was done with some decent HEX car wrapping vinyl and took an age, and a lot of patience... again looks OK from a couple of feet but start looking closely and you'll see some imperfections, I don't mind this though as it's not a focal point of the car or covering a large area like the mirrors & roof.

Reactions: Buck
Another pic uploaded without the reg plate...

Attachments

• Photo_28-07-2017__17_23_09_jpg.png
    Photo_28-07-2017__17_23_09_jpg.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 161