2016 RS3 Fuel Pump Recall, Clunking Gearbox and Squealing brakes

VAG_Club001

Reaction score
Took my car into Audi today for the clunk I commented about per thread below

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/pfl-gearbox-clunks-in-traffic.377405/#post-3320972

While I was there, and apologies if this is old news, they said there is a recall on 2016 RS3 Models for the Fuel Pump to be replaced as they have the potential to fail. It only affects 2016 models and the recall was issued during late Sept 2018 so any 2016 RS3 owners, it is worth checking with your dealerships regarding the same.

Regarding the gearbox clunk, they were able to find a fault which results in a synchron change (apologies I dont have much other details besides this but will flourish with facts when I collect my car) however the parts are on order and will need to be taken back to be fixed at a later date.

Finally, I almost forgot and managed to slip in the issue which a lot have experienced with squealing brakes and they mentioned they are to change the weights on the calipers and do a clean-up. If this hasn't fixed the problem then they may upgrade to the non-waves setup from the FL models. Again, doesn't have much technical details and I am only reciting what the Audi technician has told me. I'll know more when I see them to collect the car.

Here you go chaps......

Attachments

• fuel system tpi.pdf
    296.3 KB · Views: 618
  • Vehicle-specific+information1661047566826807812.pdf
    174.7 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: VAG_Club001 and D0C
I’ve just fitted Red Stuff to mine.... no more squeal...

With regards to the fuel pump, mines in next week to have the whole head unit replaced after the DAB service became unavailable. So can have it checked out then and see if mines effected.

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Is y
I’ve just fitted Red Stuff to mine.... no more squeal...

With regards to the fuel pump, mines in next week to have the whole head unit replaced after the DAB service became unavailable. So can have it checked out then and see if mines effected.
Is yours 2016 model?