2015 audi a6 3.0BiTdi

Daren333

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,
Is anyone here could tell me where exhaust gas temp sensor 4 bank 1 is located???
Many thanks

It's one of them after the DPF. See attached pic

Attachments

• exhaust sensors.pdf
    115.8 KB · Views: 2,951
It's one of them after the DPF. See attached pic
Hi,
I do agree with you that this is exactly a sensor 4 after dpf but audi main dealer still won’t agree with it stating that sensor 4 bank 1 is actually the sensor 3 (g495) before the dpf on the picture you uploaded.I had a fault code P24700 on my audi.Than took it to audi dealer for repair and they have replaced the sensor 3 so far I understand now which is before dpf stating that this is a correct sensor been replaced but the same fault code return after 524 miles. Don’t now I’m totally confused!!! HELP

I would print off the document I've sent and show them that. It is a printout from Elsawin which is the official VAG workshop manual.
Sensors 1,2 & 3 are all different whereas there are two identical sensor 4's, one for each pipe out of the DPF. That's why they are described as for bank 1 or bank 2. The reason I have this info is that sensor 3 went faulty on my Bitdi.

VCDS gave the following error
1 Fault Found:
5257 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor; B1 S3
P242A 00 [175] - Malfunction

I took it to a local Audi independent and they changed sensor 3 (g495) which is before the DPF just after the catalytic converter. That was 3 years ago and no trouble since.

Reactions: Daren333
I would print off the document I've sent and show them that. It is a printout from Elsawin which is the official VAG workshop manual.
Sensors 1,2 & 3 are all different whereas there are two identical sensor 4's, one for each pipe out of the DPF. That's why they are described as for bank
Sensors 1,2 & 3 are all different whereas there are two identical sensor 4's, one for each pipe out of the DPF. That's why they are described as for bank 1 or bank 2. The reason I have this info is that sensor 3 went faulty on my Bitdi.

1 Fault Found:

I took it to a local Audi independent and they changed sensor 3 (g495) which is before the DPF just after the catalytic converter. That was 3 years ago and no trouble since.

1 Fault Found:

1 or bank 2. The reason I have this info is that sensor 3 went faulty on my Bitdi.

1 Fault Found:

And again a huge thanks for your reply.The only code comes up on my 2015 audi a6 bitdi is P24700 exhaust gas temp sensor 4 bank 1. The screaming that the did replaced the correct sensor which is before the dpf.Please see the picture attached. I’ve marked in red the sensor the have replaced and in green the sensor I believe should be replaced. Many thanks for your time

Attachments

• 514049FD-0D44-4A7F-8B61-2D720CBD23B6.jpeg
    514049FD-0D44-4A7F-8B61-2D720CBD23B6.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 18,663
And again a huge thanks for your reply.The only code comes up on my 2015 audi a6 bitdi is P24700 exhaust gas temp sensor 4 bank 1. They screaming that they did replaced the correct sensor which is before the dpf.Please see the picture attached. I’ve marked in red the sensor they have replaced and in green the sensor I believe should be replaced. Many thanks for your time and sorry for the spelling mistakes due stress I relation to that situation