SQ5 2014 SQ5 - possible purchase

Fastbutsmooth

Reaction score
Hi all,
Hoping to become an SQ5 owner again after a couple of years off.
This time, due to budget, it’ll possibly be a 2014…can anyone advise of anything in particular that we need to be looking out for?

Creaking sunroof lol…as no warranty will cover it.
scan the car before buying to check for any issues
What’s the resolution if it is creaky? We didn’t notice anything but perhaps it could appear over time…

What’s the resolution if it is creaky? We didn’t notice anything but perhaps it could appear over time…
Having spent the past few months researching the **** out of it, it could be a simple cheap fix of grease or felt in certain places, or as much as replacing the whole thing. The latter is Uber expensive and even audi extended warranty doesn’t cover it, so if there’s an issue, hope it’s within 6 months of buying…but it’s pretty obvious as you’ll hear it and itll bug you from day one. Turn speakers off and find a crap road and you can’t miss a rattle if it’s there, often goes when the sunroof is open on the tilt setting.
Hopefully mine is being sorted now, but if you don’t want to have to stress about it don’t get one with the panoramic roof, it’s desirable but it comes with issues…

Having spent the past few months researching the **** out of it, it could be a simple cheap fix of grease or felt in certain places, or as much as replacing the whole thing. The latter is Uber expensive and even audi extended warranty doesn’t cover it, so if there’s an issue, hope it’s within 6 months of buying…but it’s pretty obvious as you’ll hear it and itll bug you from day one. Turn speakers off and find a crap road and you can’t miss a rattle if it’s there, often goes when the sunroof is open on the tilt setting.
Hopefully mine is being sorted now, but if you don’t want to have to stress about it don’t get one with the panoramic roof, it’s desirable but it comes with issues…
****** typical…there was me thinking we had actually lucked in, finding one with a panoramic sunroof ‍♀️

Life is always about chance and risk. My RSQ3 has a Panroof as did my SQ5 and the 2 previous S3's before that.
I had a slight squeak on the SQ5 that cleared with cleaning but other than that I've had zero issues and wouldn't buy a car without one as it adds so much to the ownership experience for me.
No doubt a rattle can be very annoying but I don't believe it's the norm when it comes to a Panroof so just make sure you turn the radio down and find a nice cobbled road on the test drive lol

Reactions: Fastbutsmooth and razza1
My wife’s mini clubman has a pano and no issues, and it does make the car much lighter, and the kids love looking at the stars through it. It’s noisier on motorways, but is a nice bit of kit, just check if it’s been serviced and check for rattles.

Reactions: Fastbutsmooth