1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 A7 Nav Update

john71482 Nov 18, 2017

1. john71482

john71482 Active Member

hello all, asking a question on behalf of my dad! He’s got a 2012 A7 and he wants to update the sat nav software how do we do this? Thanks John.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

Create an account on myAudi.com

He will need the VIN number for the initial registration.

Once account is set up and logged in, go to Audi Connect—>Map Update.

You can select full European map set, or just UK, then download, follow instructions. I find it easier to transfer files to a usb stick, then pop in MMI usb slot.

You can now go to MMI navigation settings and update from there, selecting usb as the source.

Depending on your MMI version, you may have an option to download over your 4G connection, if you have a data SIM installed.

It’s quite a large file size, so I prefer to use broadband speeds, and not use up data allowance.

If your using a MAC instead of a PC, you need latest flash version installed and enabled before you start the download.

4. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

I went onto my Audi to look for the nav updates and this is all i can find on the nav bit????

Screenshot_20180117-151504.png Screenshot_20180117-151459.png Screenshot_20180117-151454.png

5. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

Wheres the bit that allows you to download map updates???

6. AUDI_ADDICT

AUDI_ADDICT Member Team Glacier A7 Owner Group Black Edition quattro

Looking to get this done on mine if I can but I have no Audi Connect. Is it a no-go without Audi Connect?

7. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

I have Audi connect but cant get it to update so i wouldnt worry bud...

If theres away of doing it for free though im up for that

8. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

Only facelift models got the free updates and even then it's only the first 5 updates are free.