2009 sb rear door

Deze2014

A4 b8,s3 8v, q7 4l, SQ5 8r
Reaction score
hi all iv been meaning to put up a thread about this problem iv been experiencing with my rear passenger door (childseat side) never had a problem with my doors till about 2 weeks ago.parked up vehicle as usual went round the other side to get the nippa out his child seat in the back left passenger side. pulling on the door handle and it just wouldn't open! frantically went round to drivers side door to press the unlock but it still wouldn't open although all the other doors would!

so reached back in and tried to do it from inside but still wouldn't work as I have locked it manually for child lock. so I couldn't open it I think in the end I managed to open it by starting the engine and fiddling with the lock and unlock buttons. immediately as soon as it opened I disabled the child lock. but all the time now I find myself opening passenger door and reaching behind and pulling the lever which opens it. its so annoying being that little 1 is on that side!.iv just noticed that when I lock all the doors from drivers side the rear passenger door is sometimes useable from the outside handle but al the other doors are locked!

so its clear to me that the doors aren't working in sync.

can anybody suggest what I can do to overcome this problem? little 1 is behind me now when im driving and iv had enough of him kicking my back seat lol . shoot me now

It could be wiring, door module or the handle bar that connects to the internal lock, it will need stripping down to check.

If you aren't able to do, ping me a pm as we offer services to diagnose issues like these.

yeah NHN I thought that it was the handle bar at first, but then I was able to open from the outside only sometimes. which baffled my head even further , iv had my sunday scram might go out to the car in a little bit and take of the door panel and have a look as it is only 2 t20s screws holding it on, I really do hope that's its not an electrical problem NHN. Is there anything specific you recommend I look at when I do it as I know your a knowledgeable chap?