2008 Audi Concert with AMI bluetooth adapter request

sensillium

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been answered before, or this is in the wrong place, I did start with a search...

I have just acquired a 2008 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro with an Audi Concert unit and the AMI in the glove box.

I would like to know if there is a bluetooth adapter that will fit the AMI in place of the iPhone cable to work with my Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android).

I have seen on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/audi-bluetooth-adapter) that there are powered (running off an internal loom somewhere) and unpowered (just the cable in the AMI) versions, and constant mentioning of 2G/3G/3G+/MMI.

AFAIK I do not have 3G/3G+/MMI, I have attached a picture of the Verison info, and the glove box (image borrowed from www.a5oc.com.

The car does also have the Nokia phone cradle in the armrest, but only a 12V socket there.

20161204 123918 Audi Music Interface AMI with iPod iPhone Connectivity for vehicles without MMI 1

Last edited:
You could go for the Tune2Air bluetooth plugin which essentially plugs into the AMI cable in your glove box and that can then connect to your phone for bluetooth streaming, this would be the easiest option (not the cheapest tho, but reliable as I have heard).

Reactions: sensillium
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look it up.

You can get an adaptor that will have a bluetooth reciever on it but they are pricey, meant to be quite good though. I was going to go for one, but for the cost of it, I got an SD card and just whacked all the music onto that, I appreciate that may not be an option for you if you dont have the slots so this could be your option, heard very good things about them too.

Reactions: feva
You can get an adaptor that will have a bluetooth reciever on it but they are pricey, meant to be quite good though. I was going to go for one, but for the cost of it, I got an SD card and just whacked all the music onto that, I appreciate that may not be an option for you if you dont have the slots so this could be your option, heard very good things about them too.
Exactly this ^^^^

I tried the same as you but bought the wrong adapter lead. Connected to note 4 but didn't work. Ring audi ask them for a price and part number you need iirc about £30. Then buy one off ebay

My SD card works perfect and I just update music every now and again.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Exactly this ^^^^

I tried the same as you but bought the wrong adapter lead. Connected to note 4 but didn't work. Ring audi ask them for a price and part number you need iirc about £30. Then buy one off ebay

My SD card works perfect and I just update music every now and again.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

The SD card should work well too, only problem is that the version of the Audi Concert radio the OP has in his car is quite an old one so I am guessing it would only support upto 4GB or 8GB SD card, any card bigger than that, it won't accept it.

The newer MMIs have capability of accepting upto 32GB.

Reactions: feva
I've bought a tune2air adapter from amazon for about £65, if it world's it will be an early Christmas present from someone. Should be delivered tomorrow.

The SD card was worth a thought, but it doesn't recognise SDHC cards so the limit is 8GB, which isn't much room for high bit rate MP3s.

The Tune2Air arrived today and after 30 seconds of plugging it in and turning the ignition on, it was recognised by my Android phone. I opened Spotify and immediately the audio was routed through the car speakers. The Concert and steering wheel controls work for skipping and pausing the music.

The adapter is tucked safely into the glove box cavity and paired with my phone within 10 seconds when I went back to it later. So far, it works perfectly and better even than my Pure Bluetooth head unit previously did.

Reactions: Nilz
The Tune2Air arrived today and after 30 seconds of plugging it in and turning the ignition on, it was recognised by my Android phone. I opened Spotify and immediately the audio was routed through the car speakers. The Concert and steering wheel controls work for skipping and pausing the music.

The adapter is tucked safely into the glove box cavity and paired with my phone within 10 seconds when I went back to it later. So far, it works perfectly and better even than my Pure Bluetooth head unit previously did.

Really good to hear the Tune2Air is working well ! Refreshing when tech just works seamlessly without hassle :)

N
Really good to hear the Tune2Air is working well ! Refreshing when tech just works seamlessly without hassle :)[/QUOTE
Really good to hear the Tune2Air is working well ! Refreshing when tech just works seamlessly without hassle :)

Bit late i know but i'm in a similar position to you. My A4 Quatrro, 2012 has the basic Concerts 3 system but i'm not sure if i have AMI and i definitely don't have a CD changer in the boot.

What what the head unit you had in your vehicle?

I'm looking at all of the ways that i can add bluetooth audio to the stock system before i splurge on the Alpine x70d2....