2008 A3 front speaker replacement

Snokey55

Reaction score
Front speakers are knackered and need replacing. I have a component set to deplace them with. My question is do i need to just replace the speakers or do i also need crossovers as well or does original cable have crossovers in place.

Just imo, if you have a comp set, do it properly change the tweeters and use the crossovers.

Can i use the orignal wiring and just and my crossovers and tweeters

Yes if you place the xover in the kick panels, before the wiring goes into the door

Does anyone know if the original wiring has any crossover in it for separation for low and highs

I just used infinity 6.5 speakers and cut out the original speakers from the oem template then attached the new speakers to the template and used the original connectors. 2 way are just fine

Depending on the speakers you've bought, some will have one that runs both the woofer and tweeter, some will have 2 separate crossovers and some will have only a crossover for the tweeter.

Regardless of which, you will need them.

Off the top of my head, the factory input comes into the woofer plug and then loops off to the tweeter. If you can tell me which type of crossovers you have I can explain how to wire it

the factory input comes into the woofer plug and then loops off to the tweeter
Correct as i have just done this myself , i ended up using the oem tweeters with a pair of focal 6.5 components ..The oem tweeter just twists out and as a built in capacitor ..Using aftermarket tweeters usualy entails a bit of soldering and glueing.

Correct as i have just done this myself , i ended up using the oem tweeters with a pair of focal 6.5 components ..The oem tweeter just twists out and as a built in capacitor ..Using aftermarket tweeters usualy entails a bit of soldering and glueing.

I recommend changing the tweeters too.