2007 Audi A3 Window Problem!

RD18

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I have had a look around on the forum but still not sure how to rectify the issue. I am competent with spanners so thats not a problem, I am just unsure of the what the cause of the problem is and how to fix it!

The drivers side window has started to bind about 100mm from the top when it is put down. It makes a grating/scratching sound and then cuts out and will only go up.

I took the door card off today to have a look and I cant see anything that looks out of place, but unlike any other door I have seen inside of you cant see a huge amount so I was none the wiser!

I presume its one of the guide rails/clips that is broken and getting stuck but I am unsure if it is this or how to access them...

Here is a video of the issue, audio may be useful?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Recently changed the mechanism on mine. You need to pull the black plastic cover on the right off then you can kind of see one of the clips, then the speaker out to see the other. To actually sort it out the whole frame and window needs to come out. Got all the pics on my phone but not got round to a write up

Window regs are a common issue on these cars... As above the full window frame has to come out.. Dont get a cheap repair kit, go for a full new reg.. They can be quite fiddly to fix...

Window regs are a common issue on these cars... As above the full window frame has to come out.. Dont get a cheap repair kit, go for a full new reg.. They can be quite fiddly to fix...

Thanks for the advice, so does the whole motor need to be replaced? If so what is the process, can this all be done from what you can see in the image or do I have to remove further access panels?

Thanks

By the sounds of it the motor is fine. It's the mechanism that needs to be replaced.

Hi Guys, just picked back up on this thread. Going to tackle this one upcoming weekend! Can anybody recommend a supplier for this mechanism? I have seem some online.

This part looks quite different to this:
PART 1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-8...i|Model:A3|Cars+Year:2007&hash=item4d24cb8f0f

PART 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-2003-2012-Front-Right-Off-Side-Electric-Window-Regulator-8P3837462A-/231310685375?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3AA3%7CCars+Year%3A2007&hash=item35db30f4bf

Can anybody recommend which part I need? Or a brand/manufacturer to look out for?

Thanks
Scott