2007 Audi A3 2.0 tdi Quattro 170

Clamont91

Reaction score
Hi guys am new here so I bought a 2007 Audi A3 2.0 tdi Quattro 170 its driving fine drove it home from Glasgow last night was all good started it this morning and there was a horrible sound like a diesel knocking noise it stoped when engine was warm the glow plug light was flashing I put my code reader into it and the code was p1028 cleared the codes it’s away seems to be when it starts cold also there’s a smell from the exhaust when driving not burning oil smell any help would be appreciated

video included from cold start

No video.

That code is likely the intake manifold issue, fixed number of these with a kit, which is allow cheaper than a whole new manifold.

Of course this is speculative, but that error is usually this fault, whether its causing the noise is another question only answered by clearing the fault

Reactions: Clamont91
No video.

That code is likely the intake manifold issue, fixed number of these with a kit, which is allow cheaper than a whole new manifold.

Of course this is speculative, but that error is usually this fault, whether its causing the noise is another question only answered by clearing the fault
It’s not letting me upload a video I have reset the code not came back on was a problem in the morning don’t know how to get the video to you

No video.

Rest code not came back on let it go cold started the noise again then when the engine is warm it stops also on cold start up there’s a bit of white smoke that clears when it’s warm